SouthCoast residents (ages 16-21) are invited to apply to participate in our Artreprenuership Program. This program is for serious students interested in a creative arts career. Students who are accepted to the program will have access to the curriculum, as well as: a MakerSpace, art materials, open studio time, employment opportunities, resources, networking, and more. They will be an active part of a creative community within a thriving Arts hub. Our coastal community is home to numerous creative employment opportunities for those who are trained in creative entrepreneurial skills, art making, and 21st century skills, such as: critical thinking, creativity, collaboration, and problem solving.
Major Program Activities
· Participate in a 12-wk. program in New Bedford (108 hrs.) Classes will be held on M, W, F from 5-8pm. There will be some T & Th dates to make up a holiday that might fall on the regular M, W, F.
· Attend two (2) presentations by local artists
· Attend two (2) field trips to studios, galleries, and/or museums
· Have access to art materials and open studio time
· Create two (2) original works of art for art show during the program
· Set up and help curate art show
· Present work at art show
(Any and all proceeds obtained at the art show will go to the respective artist)
· Age 16-21
· Positive academic standing, attendance, school citizenship, and discipline record
· Serious & Committed
· Interested in a career within the creative arts
· Ability to get to and attend weekly sessions at the Co-Creative Center
· Portfolio of 2-3 pieces of artwork
MassHire Greater New Bedford Career Center has provided full funding for 12 participants. As long as their eligibility criteria is met, there is no direct cost to the participant. For more information contact the Program Administrator.
Application Deadline: Rolling
Program Start Date: Spring 2019, date TBD
Art Show: Final Presentations & Graduation Ceremony: TBD
How to Apply
If you have any questions, please contact Meredith Birch, Program Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.